Saturday, November 04, 2006

All the Fish in the Sea...

...are now going to be gone by 2048?! Or at least any viable & flourishing species. Yeah, that's what some marine biologists are saying we have accomplished by our voracious over-fishing. Now I don't feel quite so good about my new menu with all that seafood on it. I could stop serving fish today and it would make absolutely no difference though, besides getting me fired! At times like this I feel like we're just locusts who are eventually going to eat, mine, pollute and drive our way right into extinction. Not exactly a great point of view for someone who makes his living cooking for lots of hungry locusts.

3 comments:

painterjoy said...

No Fish?? I would not be able to cope. That is a terrifying thought.

I am so happy I saw the link to your blog on Amy's blog! Now I can waste even more time blogging!

I don't know why, but some of the links you have aren't working (the tattoo ones). But luckily the Les Claypool one is working.

I hope you do start putting pictures up, as I love to see pics of Amy and your beautiful children.

Also, I would love to see any info on bread making. Baking and bread making are passions of mine.

Your menu is wonderful! Top-notch!

Joy

saffry said...

Your tech-savvy wife has fixed the links. Does this make up for the fact that I never do the dishes?

Dan said...

Hi Joy, Thanks for visiting! The best bread book I've ever found is The Bread Bakers Apprentice, by Peter Reinhart readily available on Amazon. There's also a really good blog called The Fresh Loaf that I'm going to add a link to. Hey, maybe I'll do that now.

Dan